What We believe
Grace Community Church is a non-denominational church that focuses on having real and true relationships with Jesus Christ. Here, we throw the "rules and regulations" of church out the window and focus on truly Glorifying God in all we do.
We believe that:
God is bigger, better and closer that we can ever imagine:
- He is the Creator and Ruler of the Universe.
- He has always existed and is revealed to us in scripture in three distinct personalities - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
The Bible is God's perfect guidebook for living:
- It is God's written Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of God's Holy Spirit.
- Is it the only source we use to test truth because there is no error in it.
- We believe the best way to interpret scripture is with scripture and everything we need to know about God can be found in scripture.
Jesus is God showing Himself to us:
- Jesus is the son of God. He is God and has always been God.
- He became human and lived on earth for approximately 33 years. His three year earthly ministry began with His baptism and ended with His dying, nailed to a cross.
- His purpose for coming to Earth was to pay the penalty for the sins of the world. Because of his sacrifice, we can enter into a love relationship with God.
Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now:
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He is God and has always been God.
- He is present in the world to make people realize that they are separated from God because of sin.
- He draws people to God by making them aware of their need for Jesus.
- When a person enters into a love relationship with God through Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes up residence in that person's life.
- He is there to give the Christian power of living, understanding of spiritual truth and guidance to do what is right. He gives every Christian at least one gift that God wants to use to help others.
- Because the Holy Spirit always knows what is best for us, we want to live in submission to His directions.
Nothing in creation "just happened"
- God created it all by speaking it into existence.
- God's Grace is the only way to have a relationship with Him:
- He gave us Jesus to take the punishment for our sins, even though we did nothing to deserve it.
- Our faith is the only way to grow in our relationship with God.
God Has allowed evil to provide us with a choice:
- God can bring good out of evil events and He promises victory over evil for all who choose Him.
Heaven and hell are real places:
- Death is just the beginning, not the end.
- Heaven is where we can live for eternity with God, but we don't have to wait. Through Jesus, He has given us the ability to be close relationship with Him now!
The church is to serve people like Jesus served people:
- People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. We are to love good and hate evil.
- We are created to be loved by God and to love Him back. In order for us to be able to love Him, we have the ability to choose if we want to or not. Otherwise, it wouldn't be true love.
Since we have the ability to choose to love, we also have the ability to choose not to love:
- The Bible says that we love Him when we obey Him and we don't love Him when we disobey Him. This disobedience is called sin.
We all sin and fall short of what God expects of us. :
- According to scripture, sin carries a very heavy penalty - death.
- Because of their sin, death entered the world through the first man and woman God created, Adam and Eve.
Because we all sin, we all need salvation:
- Salvation is simply getting into a right relationship with God. This relationship is called eternal life.
- That salvation comes from Christ Jesus alone and eternal life is being in relationship with them.
Our Salvation is secure:
- We all receive eternal life through Jesus as a free gift. Jesus - and only Jesus - offers this gift because He paid the penalty for everyone by dying on the cross for our sins.
- Not everyone has received God's free gift of eternal life because not everyone has trusted Jesus. In order to receive this gift, a person needs to believe that they themselves are a sinner and can't do anything to save themselves. They need to believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, he was buried and after three days, He rose again. The Bible is clear that a person must confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead in order to be saved.
- The scriptures teach that the evidence of being saved is that God's Spirit lives inside a person. This is the baptism of Jesus. This happens the moment someone is adopted by God and included in Jesus Christ. God's Spirit will never leave one of God's children so there is no possibility of someone who is truly saved to either lose or forfeit their position in Christ as a child of God.